I wanted to submit something that would look a little different so why not turn it on its side. I wanted something that would appeal to the masses, yet look inventive and original without complication.
- 3 oz ground vealGround veal is lean meat and trimmings mechanically ground and sold in bulk or patty form. It is usually prepared by braising, panfrying, or roasting. 85 g
- 1 oz 28 g diced shallots
- 1 oz 28 g butter
- 0.5 oz 14 g chopped sage
- 1 oz 28 g chopped prosciutto
- 0.5 oz 14 g diced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlicThe ‘heat’ in garlic is said to stir sexual desires. Make sure you and your partner share it together. Garlic has been used for centuries to cure everything from the common cold to heart ailments. This is a good time for moderation. Enjoy a pasta with a lightly garlicky sauce and it and lead up to something spicy in the bedroom later. small dice
- salt and pepper to taste
- o.5 oz 14 g bread crumbs (or substitute buckwheat flour)
- 1 egg
- Sweat shallots in butter, add sage, prosciutto, garlicThe ‘heat’ in garlic is said to stir sexual desires. Make sure you and your partner share it together. Garlic has been used for centuries to cure everything from the common cold to heart ailments. This is a good time for moderation. Enjoy a pasta with a lightly garlicky sauce and it and lead up to something spicy in the bedroom later. and shiitake mushrooms and sautefried quickly in a little fat.
- Remove from heat to cool.
- In separate bowl place veal, egg, bread crumbs and salt and pepper and combine.
- Then add in cooled shallot mixture and combine.
- Form 2 1 oz patties.
Bun – Light rye bread dipped in beer batter.
(for this competition we have made the rye bread, but the average consumer may certainly purchase rye bread and use a cookie cutter to speed things up)
- 12 oz 350 g water
- .75 oz 22 g yeast (fresh)
- 8 oz 250 g light rye flour
- 0.4 oz 12 g salt
- 0.5 oz 15 g shortening
- 0.5 oz 15 g molasses
- 0.25 oz 8 g rye flour
- Directions – straight dough method
- 5 to 6 minutes at second speed
- Fermentation 1.5 hours at 80 degrees F or 27 degrees C
- baking 400 F or 200 C steam for the first 10 minutes
- Use a 1.5 inch cookie cutter to cut out rounds.
Beer batter for rye rounds
- 1 cup 237 ml Steam Whistle beer
- 3/4 Cup 170 g all purpose flour
- 3 hops pellets
- 1.5 oz 40 ml warm water
- Dissolve hops in warm water
- Combine beer, flour and dissolved hops to make a lump free batter.
- Dip rye rounds into batter to coat
- In sautefried quickly in a little fat pan, heat butter, fry rye rounds both sides