Veal scaloppini rolls stuffed with feta and olives
Author: Food and Drink Spring 2012
Recipe type: Main
- 4 large veal scallopinisauteed veal cutlets that have been pounded thin and coated with flour. The veal used is generally taken from a muscle and is cut across the grain and trimmed of any fat. This makes veal scallopine a very low calorie cut of meat. about 12 oz (375 g)
- pinches of sea salt
- ¾ cup finely crumbled goat’s milk fete or soft goat’s cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
- small skewers or large toothpicks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salsa Brava Sauce
- Torn fresh basilIs said to stimulate the sex drive and boost fertility. It is also said to produce a general sense of well being for body and mind., mint or corianderThe book of The Arabian nights tells a tale of a merchant who had been childless for 40 years and but was cured by a concoction that included coriander. That book is over 1000 years old so the history of coriander as an aphrodisiac dates back far into history. Cilantro was also know to be used as an “appetite” stimulant. leaves for garnish
- For Salsa Brave Sauce
- In a skillet, sauté 2 minced garlicThe ‘heat’ in garlic is said to stir sexual desires. Make sure you and your partner share it together. Garlic has been used for centuries to cure everything from the common cold to heart ailments. This is a good time for moderation. Enjoy a pasta with a lightly garlicky sauce and it and lead up to something spicy in the bedroom later. cloves in tablespoon of olive oil over medium-low for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups chopped peeled fresh or canned tomatoes, ½ teaspoon each of smoked paprika, dried thyme and sugar.
- Boil gently over medium heat, uncovered and stirring often, until thick, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Can be made ahead and refrigerated up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C)
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on a cutting board.
- Sprinkle salt over both sides of veal scallopinisauteed veal cutlets that have been pounded thin and coated with flour. The veal used is generally taken from a muscle and is cut across the grain and trimmed of any fat. This makes veal scallopine a very low calorie cut of meat..
- Slice veal in half crosswise. Working with 1 piece at a time, spoon a rounded tablespoon of feta along the narrow end of the roll.
- Mix black and green chopped olives together.
- Scatter about 2 teaspoons over fete.
- Squeeze mixture into a shallow mound.
- Roll veal around the cheese, pushing any filling that spills out, back into the end of the rolls.
- Place seam-side down on an oiled baking sheet.
- Push a short skewer or toothpick through the sides of each roll.
- Repeat with remaining pieces. Lightly brush oil over rolls.
- Bake in the centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes depending on the thickness of the rolls.
- Move rolls to dinner plates.
- Remove skewers.
- Spoon a little warm Salsa Brava over each.
- Scatter with fresh basilIs said to stimulate the sex drive and boost fertility. It is also said to produce a general sense of well being for body and mind..
Wonderful with roasted fingerling potatoes and green beans.
(Visited 51 times, 2 visits today)