Posts Tagged ‘slow cooker’
Texas style Braised Veal Cubes
Author: Chef Alain Fortier for Quebec Milk fed Veal
Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb Veal cubes 500 g
- 1 cup veal stock or poultry broth 250 ml
- 14 oz crushed Italian tomatoes 400 ml
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili pepper 5 ml
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups canned red kidney beans 500 ml
- - method one - crock pot ( slow cooker)
- Mix all the ingredients in the slow cooker pot, except the canned kidney beans which should be added 30 minutes before cooking is completed.
- Cook at high temperature for 7 - 8 hours.
- - method two - oven
- Preheat the oven to 225°F (110°C).
- In an ovenproof dish, ideally in enameled cast iron, mix all the ingredients except the canned kidney beans which should be added 15 minutes before cooking is completed.
- Cover and cook for about 3 hours.
- = pressure cooker
- Mix all the ingredients in the pressure cooker except the canned kidney beans which should be added 15 minutes before cooking is completed.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 30 minutes.
- Release the pressure and open the pressure cooker.
- Add the kidney beans and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- : Serve with tortillas and a green salad.