Posts Tagged ‘slow cooker’
Texas style Braised Veal Cubes
Author: Chef Alain Fortier for Quebec Milk fed Veal
Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb Veal cubes 500 g
- 1 cup veal stock or poultry broth 250 ml
- 14 oz crushed Italian tomatoes 400 ml
- 1 carrotAnother good reason to eat carrots–believed to be a stimulant to the male. The phallus shaped carrot has been associated with stimulation since ancient times and was used by early Middle Eastern royalty to aid seduction. High vitamins and beta-carotene. Perhaps a justification for a piece of carrot cake?, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili pepper 5 ml
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups canned red kidney beans 500 ml
- - method one – crock pot ( slow cooker)
- Mix all the ingredients in the slow cooker pot, except the canned kidney beans which should be added 30 minutes before cooking is completed.
- Cook at high temperature for 7 – 8 hours.
- - method two – oven
- Preheat the oven to 225°F (110°C).
- In an ovenproof dish, ideally in enameled cast iron, mix all the ingredients except the canned kidney beans which should be added 15 minutes before cooking is completed.
- Cover and cook for about 3 hours.
- = pressure cooker
- Mix all the ingredients in the pressure cooker except the canned kidney beans which should be added 15 minutes before cooking is completed.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 30 minutes.
- Release the pressure and open the pressure cooker.
- Add the kidney beans and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- : Serve with tortillas and a green salad.