Posts Tagged ‘Monounsaturated Fat’
Quick and Easy Veal Cacciatore
Author: Fine Cooking October 2009
Recipe type: Main
- 4 X 4-oz. veal cutlets, pounded ¼ inch thick
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlicThe ‘heat’ in garlic is said to stir sexual desires. Make sure you and your partner share it together. Garlic has been used for centuries to cure everything from the common cold to heart ailments. This is a good time for moderation. Enjoy a pasta with a lightly garlicky sauce and it and lead up to something spicy in the bedroom later., minced
- 8 oz. sliced cremini mushrooms (3-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juices
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Put the flour in a wide shallow bowl.
- Season the cutlets all over with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Dredge in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering hot.
- Working in batches if necessary, cook the cutlets until dark golden-brown, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a large plate as they finish.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and garlicThe ‘heat’ in garlic is said to stir sexual desires. Make sure you and your partner share it together. Garlic has been used for centuries to cure everything from the common cold to heart ailments. This is a good time for moderation. Enjoy a pasta with a lightly garlicky sauce and it and lead up to something spicy in the bedroom later. and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they release their liquid and it reduces to a glaze, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, wine, and rosemary.
- Bring back to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cutlets and any accumulated juices to the sauce and cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
nutrition information (per serving): Calories (kcal): 270; Fat (g): 12; Fat Calories (kcal): 100; Saturated Fat (g): 3.5; Protein (g): 26; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 6; Carbohydrates (g): 10; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1.5; Sodium (mg): 480; Cholesterol (mg): 75; Fiber (g): 1;