The Romance of Veal – Valentine’s Day
- Eating is one of our greatest sensory pleasures and also helps us relax and unwind.
- Sharing a meal with the one you love is sure to heighten the pleasure.
- Cooking together can be fun especially when you’re trying out new recipes and creating “something new and exotic.”
Featured Valentine’s Day Veal recipe –
Other romantic veal recipes for two for Valentine’s Day
Veal Scallopini with Avocado - a perfect romantic veal recipe for two. It is quick, simple, delicious but has the feel of a gourmet dinner. The Veal Scallopini cooks in about a minute total, the sauce made with wine and cream is ready in another 2 minutes. The whole dish including preparation of the Avocado should take no longer than 10 minutes altogether. If you want to impress your sweetheart, but don’t have much time, this is the ideal dish from our veal recipes selection.
- Veal Valentino- For a fanciful effect, try a heart shaped cookie cutter and create heart shaped scallopini
- Flaming Veal Marsala - for the adventurous – you will need a portable gourmet stove and a fire extinguisher
- Valentine Veal Oscar - for the really ambitious but well worth the effort
- Veal Chops with roasted Shallots, Arugula & Soft Polenta
- Heart shaped Veal and Mushroom patties with Grilled Tomatoes – this cheeky recipe will win her over without fail.
- Veal Casino
Easy Veal Crock Pot Roast
You don’t have to be a genius to use a crock pot ( slow cooker) but the results are often spectacular. All the flavour stays in the pot. With this recipe, you can be a bit inventive with the ingredients, substituting different vegetables and also maybe use white wine instead of chicken stock.
We were able to get a milk fed veal shoulder roast, so the one thing to be mindful of is that it might not need 6 hours at low heat in a crock pot to be ready. You should first test it at 4 hours, as it is already a very tender meat it might fall apart if cooked too long making it impossible to cut slices.
Veal blade shoulder roasts should be braised to the “falling-off-the-bone” stage, which is 76°C
Ingredients: veal roast, about 2.5 lbs, vegetable oil, salt and pepper, sprig of Rosemary, carrots, fresh green french beans, red potatoes, onion, butter, plain flour, chicken stock.
Click her for link to Easy Veal Crock Pot Roast
Why use a Crock Pot? (Slow Cooker)
With today’s fast pace life it can be very difficult to get the dinner on the table when you come home.There is a tendency to eat fast food which is not necessarily the most healthy for you.The crock pot ( slow cooker) can offer a good solution for this problem. See our Veal Crock Pot recipes
- Just add all the ingredients before you leave for work, when you may be feeling a little more ambitious and creative than at the end of the day.
- The crock pot doesn’t heat up the kitchen as much other cooking methods as it is on very low heat.
- If you work away from home, the crock-pot is safe enough to leave turned on low all day. When you get home, most of your dinner is cooked and ready to eat!.
Veal Sirloin Roast with Braised Vegetables
Veal Sirloin is sometimes referred to as veal rump, but do not use shoulder. If the sirloin is unavailable, the best substitute is veal tenderloin treated the same way but only roasted for 12-15 minutes.
For the braised vegetables, use your favourite vegetables but try to include leeks as they ore excellent with veal. You could include parsnips, golden beets, sweet potatoes or even squash.
Click here for the recipe and video Vito’s Advice : “Always put the roast in the oven fat side up to make the meat really tender.”
You can also select different Veal Recipe shows from the side bar to the right side of video playing.Veal Roast stuffed with apples, apricots and cranberries – Veal Recipe Show.
Stuffed Veal Roulade served on Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Mash Print Great Veal recipe for fall and around Thanksgiving Author: adapted from Come dine with me Australia Recipe type: main Serves:... Read More →
Veal scallopini with pumpkin
Veal scallopini with pumpkin – for the Fall and Thanksgiving Print Great recipe for the Fall and around Thanksgiving prep time 30 minutes Equipment You will need 4 toothpicks for this recipe.... Read More →
Maple Syrup Veal Roast
Maple Syrup Veal Roast Print Prep time 10 mins Cook time 70 mins Total time 1 hour 20 mins Preparation: simple Author: (Veau de lait du Québec) adapted for Veal... Read More →
Veal Sirloin Roast with Braised Vegetables
Veal Sirloin Roast with Braised Vegetables Print Veal Sirloin is sometimes referred to as veal rump, but do not use shoulder. If the sirloin is unavailable, the best substitute is veal tenderloin... Read More →
Veal Rib Chop with Mango Salsa Print Prep time 20 mins Cook time 6 mins Total time 26 mins Frozen Veal Rib Chops will stay juicy because they are cut fairly thin... Read More →
Veal Involtini with Parmesan
Veal Involtini with Parmesan Print Definition : Involtini - Thin slices of meat or fish which are stuffed and rolled. Special Equipment: Kebab skewers or toothpicks Author: Melissa Camero... Read More →
Swiss-Style Veal Scallopini
The V-Word – Swiss-Style Veal Scallopini Swiss-Style Veal Scallopini Print Prep time 10 mins Cook time 15 mins Total time 25 mins Difficulty: Easy Author: adapted... Read More →
Veal Scallopini with Avocado
Veal Scallopini with Avocado Print Prep time 5 mins Cook time 6 mins Total time 11 mins Takes just a few minutes to prepare. An easy and quick recipe. Great for a romantic... Read More →